Do You Use Food As Therapy? Take The Quiz

How much do you turn to food for therapy?  Here's how to tell: Rate each of the following statements from 1 to 5,with 1 being rarely true to 5 being almost always true.  If it is never true, use 0.

___ There is no problem that can't be made better with chocolate.
___ I like to treat myself to a nice dinner (or other food treat) to celebrate a job well done.
___ On previous diets, I've sometimes cheated because i just felt I deserved a little treat.
___ When I am particularly stressed or upset, I usually feel better after I've eaten something.
___ I have a f favorite restaurant where friends and I usually go to celebrate or just be together.
___ I have a particular food I always crave when I'm under pressure.
___ I always gain weight when I'm, under pressure.
___ Whenever I've gone off a diet plan, there was something unpleasant going on in my life.
___ I always overeat when I go home to visit my parents.
___ I always overeat after a fight with my significant other.

If you scored 21 or less, you may occasionally use food for solace, but you're basically an unemployed food therapist.

If you scored 22 to 36, you are employed as a food therapist part-time.

If you scored 37 or more,  you are one of the legions of people who turn to food first and foremost to treat distress.  

From Thin Tastes Better by Stephen P. Gullo, PhD



No comments:

Post a Comment